Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ben: Well, here we are - close to leaving for Austria. I always wanted to do a mission trip of some sort after our kids would often go. Then one day my wife said, "When is it our turn to go instead of always our kids?" Somehow our care group picked up on this and said, "Why not?!"

So here we are in the middle of planning and preparations. We are going under MBMSI. Wow! I am excited to go help Richard and Hazel in whatever way I can. We sent them out to do church planting many years ago and they have been faithful workers resulting in many churches they look after and encourage. I hope to make an impact on the lives of people I meet and work with in Austria. This is with God's help and support from people praying for me back home.

Linda: Never would I have thought that I would be able to go on a mission trip at this stage of my life. As a child I dreamed of going to a far off country to be a missionary and read many books and stories about missionaries. I lived that dream through our four girls who all went on at least two mission trips each throughout the years. Our youngest daughter is in Africa right now volunteering in an orphanage. I am so thankful to God for this opportunity. I look forward to seeing what God has in store for me as we work with Richard and Hazel and the people of Austria. May God be seen shining through me and the group as we serve there.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Mom and Dad (Ben & Linda) for taking this big step and finally being able to go on a missions trip of your own!! You've supported FOUR girls through many life changing experiences, including Youth Group Events, Redberry Bible Camp, Bible College, Conferences and of course many Mission's Trips ...we're forever thankful. I've grown with God and fallen with God in many ways over the years, and without those life experiences that you gave me the opportunity to have, l wouldn't be the person I am today.

    You and your team are in my thoughts and prayers often ...love you so much! GO TEAM AUSTRIA!!

    LoVe,
    Jaclyn Rushton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to wish God's richest blessings to you both - Ben and Linda. Your servant spirit and the ability to make life fun will serve you well. Looking forward to hearing all about your experience.
    Dave & Adrienne Kroeker

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit our blog and leave us a comment. Have a great day!