Thursday, January 1, 2009

Tim: I grew up in a Christian home, and went to church every time the doors were open. I was exposed to missionaries and missions at a very young age. I always wondered what it would be like to be a missionary and hoped that someday I would have the opportunity. But life, work, commitments and other things got in the way, and I thought that going on a mission trip had passed me by. It all changed when my father-in-law passed away on September 12, 2007. This caused me to evaluate things and realize that only what is done for Christ will last. Since I want to live my life with purpose and for His glory, He has given me a new perspective. This has started me on an adventurous new path. He gave me and my wife the opportunity to help start an outdoor summer church at Christopher Lake last summer and has now led me to go on this mission trip to Austria. Even though I have never gone on missions before and am a bit apprehensive, I just want to be available to God - "Here am I, send me."

Diane: I guess I'm a lot like my dad - quiet and reserved - one who's supportive of mission/missionaries by pulling out the cheque book when asked upon. Things changed after he passed away in September 2007. His legacy is now changing me to things beyond that.

Tim and I have been involved with starting "Campfire Church by the Lake" at the Quest Bible Camp on Christopher Lake last summer. Also numerous youth (including many nieces and nephews) had gone/are going on Missions trips and it moved us to contemplate this in our own lives. Many times we give God excuses like time, responsibilities, inadequacies, etc. I know my gifts aren't to get up and speak in front of people, but I do know I've got a heart for lost souls. That's where I'm like my mom and become very emotional. She's the prayer warrior!

Our family has seen prayer work. Many of you know that my nephew, Tarrell, was one of the boys injured in the Osler accident which involved the basketball team from Borden on Dec. 13, 2007 (just 3 months after my dad died). Tarrell was in a coma (along with other injuries) for several days. The doctors gave little hope on what his outcome would be - but he came out of his coma with no serious problems and was released on Christmas Eve. He went on to finish his Grade 12, graduated with his class and is now attending CBC in Abbotsford. PTL!

How does God want to use me (also, quiet and reserved) - - not sure!? All I know is that He asks each of us to be available to heed His call when prompted. Therefore, all I can do is totally rely on Him for what I need. He will provide. This year and a half has been hard and I've had to work out a lot of things in my life. Right now, He's teaching me patience as I'm waiting on Him to find a job. In September, I lost my job after 15 1/2 years working as an accounting clerk. Needless to say, it was a shock. God's still working on me.

Philippians 4:13,19 - "I can do all things through Christ which stengtheneth me. But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. Diane,

    Your testimony is powerful!! Your faithfulness through adversity seems overwhelming. Continue waiting on God and he will lead you in the way you should go. You will hear a voice behind you telling you which way to go. Is 30. Thanks for sharing with us!

    Dave B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit our blog and leave us a comment. Have a great day!