Friday, January 2, 2009

Dorothy: When I was a young girl, our church would have missionaries coming from foreign lands and talking to us about their work. It always interested me as maybe it does a lot of young kids - - thinking of the adventure. I don't know that I was ever "called" to be a missionary and the life choices I made during my younger years did not put God as #1 in my life.

As time went on and I got older I saw many older couples go out on short term mission projects and it interested me again. But then seven years ago when my husband and I split up I remember thinking I would never be able to do that. Since then I have connected with an awesome care group and a year ago the idea of going on a mission trip was brought up in our group... kind of jokingly. But the Holy Spirit moved us all and we got serious. Looking back, the Lord has definitely led us to this point and I truly believe this is God's plan for us.

I am very excited and believe God is doing great things. The scripture that comes to mind in all this is Ephesians 3:20,21 - "Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit our blog and leave us a comment. Have a great day!